Dead Space Remake: Why The Game Is Failing To Meet Expectations

Although Dead Space’s remake had a positive critical reception, it seems that commercial performance has not been as great as expected.
Although at the moment there are no details by EA, it has been mentioned that the launch of this reimagination sold less than half that The Callisto Protocol achieved in its first week.
According to Gamesindustry.biz, who collect the physical sales of the United Kingdom, Dead Space’s remake was the best-selling game last week.
Unfortunately, sales were not as big as expected.


However, this is not as simple as it might seem.
To begin with, The Callisto Protocol arrived in the Holiday season of 2022, a period in which people are more willing to buy physical games.
Similarly, this title reached more platforms, since it did have a launch on PS4 and Xbox One. For its part, its price is less than the $70 that Dead Space is worth.
Finally, the Gamesindustry.biz registry only takes into consideration physical, and non-digital sales in the United Kingdom.
Of this number, 80% of the sales of the Dead Space remake correspond to the PS5, while the other 20% comes from the users of Xbox Series X. On the other hand, For spoken, the second great launch of the last weeks, debuted
In fourth place in this market.

This is the list of 10 best-selling:
Dead Space
God of War Ragnarök
For spoken
Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Fire emblem engagement
Nintendo Switch Sports
Pokémon Violet
Minecraft (switch)
It remains to be seen what the Dead Space remake performance was in the United States, and it is very likely that EA will share official numbers until the end of the fiscal year, when we know for sure whether this title fulfilled or not sales expectations.
On related issues, you can check our Remake Dead Space Remake here.
Similarly, EA motivate talks about the possibility of making another Dead Space game.
Editor’s note:
It seems that the main reason why Dead Space remake has not sold so much is because of its price.
We are talking about $70, or $1,759 pesos in Mexico, a fairly high price that many may not be willing to pay.